Question about Coming back to God and the demons that follow

I am a christian and recently gave my life back to God. My husband is more knowlegable about the bible than I am and he said that when you give your life to God you have seven demons that live in your house. Im assuming that the Devil is going to do things and put temtations in the way to get me back to him. I am recently experiencing some of these demons he was talking about and I would like to share what I am going through and get some advice. My husbands ex wife has started to mess with us again (stalking,harrasing) she doesn't have our numbers so she has been calling my husband at work and leaving me bad emails telling me that she will get into contact with him and that if she wanted him she could have him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Contiued...Well the first time she called he answered thinking it was me and she said "dont hang up" well he did because he knew it was her and only trouble would follow. Now she has called three times and they keep telling her he doesnt except calls. How do I get past this and not have hate in my heart for her? I don't wan't to sin but I get evil thoughts when it comes to her.Help!
    Anonymous

• Get a restraining order put on her. Also see if that includes phone calls. Record all her calls or have ur husbands company maybe try to block her number???
    Anonymous

• this sounds like a very tough situation.
    and i dont know what your husband means by 7 demons. that is news to me. I thought once you accepted Jesus Christ/gave your life back to God, then he carried you and protected you.. so why would demons be stalking you??
    Every One is always surrounded by temptation.. but i dont recall them being called DEMONS.
    lovinallofthem

Answer by lovinallofthem at 4:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Ick. That sounds a life lead in fear. Been there, done that. Slash the bitches tires.
    PotatoMama

Answer by PotatoMama at 4:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I know the verse you are speaking of... it is seven spirits.. and you have to understand it in its complete context and in your case 7 spirits have not returned. One reason... and ppl may not agree with this... but if you're a born again Christian and God's Holy Spirit dwells in you.. then a demon or spirit can not dwell at the same time.. if you do feel like a demonic spirit is coming against you... we have been given authority over that and you just need to tell it to go in the name of Jesus.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• cont.
    Now.. we can be oppressed and come under attack.. at that point
    1) you start speaking God's word at the situation.
    2) pray for her.. we are to pray for our enemies
    3) remember we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places
    4) get a restraining order and record the calls especially if you feel like it could become dangerous

bonn777

• I've never heard of the 7 demons thing your husband told you about. But I do know that the devil will do everything he can to break up a happy Christian marriage. He's worked a number on mine. Just keep your head in your bible and pray! Here are some really good books too about marriage: Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs and Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes. If you ever want to chat, message me.

As far as the ex - change your number.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• sister bonn777 is right on target. Don't be moved and put on the full armor of God "Ephesians 6:12". I pray that God will protect you thoughts and that you will know that this too shall pass...Stay connected with other mature believers for prayer and spiritual guidness. "I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me." "Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• If you have truly accepted Christ and He lives in you...satan (demons) can not inhabit that same space. They can opress and torment from without but as long as the Holy Spirit remains in you, satan (or his legions) can not enter in. When a demon is driven out of somebody and that person does NOT have the Holy Spirit (not saved) to fill that void the demon can re enter and then he does bring with him 7 more demons more powerful then himself. Thats the danger. Greater is He who is in you (God/Holy Spirit) than he who is in the world (satan).

Please feel free to PM me.
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 6:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Surley once you have Christ in your life the devil will attack you every chance he gets. God gives us the strength to resist temptation.1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to us all. And God is faithful he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted he will also provide a way out so you can endure it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2008