Whats up it this brown discharge?

I've had the Mirena IUD for about 7 months now and all was well, until I started having brown discharge. The first time it happened, I didn't think anything of it...because I started my period right after. Fast forward to today, and the discharge came back...I probably shouldn't worry, because of what happened last time, but I still would like to know why this happens. Anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Health

• any possibility you could be pregnant?
    cutesherrie84

Answer by cutesherrie84 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Sometimes that is all the more period you get. That was all I would get around my monthly cycle. If you are really concerned about it, you can talk to your doc about it.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I have had my Mirena about 4 years. Every few months or so, there is no rhyme or reason to it, I will get some brown spotting. I figure I never have a period, this is just my body saying, hang on a second lol something is suppose to be happening but isn't! lol. It's probably just out bodies "period"
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I have my MIrena in for now 1 month. I am experiencing that was well. According to my dr it is normal.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2010