Got milk?

iv noticed alot of kids my daughters age still keeps milk in there sippy cups my daughter is 24 months old and hasent even thought of drinking milk since she was one she ask for water alot and always drinks apple juice or grape juice iv tried puttin milk in it but it will sit and get hot but if i put juice in it its gone in 2 mins how can i get her to drink more milk or is she ok without it

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No... She needs the milk!!! Maybe tell her she can have juice after its all gone... I don't know b/c I'm sure it is hard to explain it to her since she is so young..... GL
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 7:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Does she see you drinking it at all? Sometimes at least with my dd she watches us & drinks what she sees us drink. Maybe chocolate milk? Or if all else fails you can always go with juices with calcium added & make sure her vitamins have calcium. My dd went through it & now she drinks it. Maybe its a faze:) Good Luck!
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 7:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• She doesn't 'need' milk if she is getting good fat and calcium other places. I never drank milk as a child I still think it's gross unless it's chocolate. lol. I do eat a good amount of cheese and leafy veggies though!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I dont drink milk unless in my cereal and thats the only way she will
    aggheff08

Comment by aggheff08 (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My two year olds dietitian said kids his age should have 6-8 oz of 100% juice, 10-16 oz milk, and the rest of the day water. Hope that helps.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• When my daughter turned 1, and was first introduced to a sippy cup, she refused to drink milk in it! So I filled it with water, and put just a tablespoon of milk in it. I gradually increased it over a few weeks, and now she can't get enough. Your daughter might be a little bit old for such a trick, but it might be worth a try.
    kimberlyann_214

Answer by kimberlyann_214 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my pedi told me my 2 year old (26 months) needs just 2 8oz glasses...then I feed him yoguart, cheese, and other calcium rich foods...so he gets as much as I can get him to drink and the rest he gets from food...also maybe try 1% milk and add JUST A SMALL AMOUNT of chocolate...at least she would be drinking it!!! then slowly stop putting the chocolate in it...she will never know really--I hope!
    andee1216

Answer by andee1216 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• try adding strawberry or chocolate syrup to it
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 3:38 AM on Sep. 16, 2010