what would you do

my 3yr old hasnt ate anything all day except cereal in the morning wont eat supper hasnt had anything all day but that cereal.i told her she has to go to bed if she wont eat.she said its because she wants to play.i want her to eat and think she needs to since shes only ate cereal do you have this problem and what would or do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it will be ok my boys wont eat sometimes, and i put them to bed the next morning they will eat but it just happens or she could be constipated
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I have a daughter who I have to make eat. I always worry about her nutrition. So when her weight was too low at a check-up her doctor wanted me to switch from whole milk to 1 or 2%. And her appetite really picked up after that. But sometimes a child can not want to eat right before they get sick. Maybe you should check her temp to be safe and if she has a fever don't make her eat. However I would be more concerned if she didn't want to drink. And even when she's sick you need to encourageher to drink as much as she can (unless she's vomiting).
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 7:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't push it. She'll eat when she gets hungry (or, if she's getting sick she'll eat when she feels better). My 3 yr old son can go for a few days eating very little then he gets hungry and eats everything.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• if this is not a daily occurance, than I wouldn't sweat it. She will eat when she is hungry. She is not going to starve to death from one day of not eating properly
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• They will occasionally do this...like stressedmomma said, if it's not an everyday thing, it's okay to let her be.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:26 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• They will eat when they are hungry. Sometimes kids not eating could be an uset belly but becasue they are so young they don't know how to tell you that.
    weeblette

Answer by weeblette at 6:45 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• keep offering her other choices kids will eat when they get hungry. Punshing kids around and about food can lead to bigger eating issues later
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 7:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think they do this sometimes. They won't starve themselves.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Not eating would not concern me once in a while. But she has said it is because she wants to play. I would tell her there will be no play until she eats a minimum. You set the minimum. Mine likes 3 of things. She is three so we say 3 pieces, 3 spoons, 3 sips and so on. 3 of things is something that she can deal with and in a few months we will up it to 4.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:34 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I just put food in front of Maddox. I won't fight with him about eating it. If he's hungry he'll eat.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:30 AM on Sep. 16, 2010