How can I get a grease stain out of my favorite hoodie?

I recently washed my beloved "Sugar Island" hoodie. When I pulled it out of the dryer, I realized it had a bunch of grease stains all over it. Any ideas to get them out, even though they're probably set in? Any suggestions appreciated!!

mamacita220

Asked by mamacita220 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You can try Oxy Clean and see if that helps or Dawn dish soap Good Luck I hate when that happens
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If it went thru the dryer its probably there for good. I buy this wonderful multipurose cleaner at lowes called "Greased Lightning." Its amazing stuff. It can also be used as a laundry treatment as well. If anything can get it out, it will do it.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I use the gel Shout on stains including grease stains from cooking bacon.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Dawn dish detergent - it has a degreaser in it. Or Spot Shot carpet cleaner.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Oh and the key is to let the stain fighter SIT for a day or more before you wash it.
    twinsplus2more

• I have had success with this: Mix a solution of 1 TBS of MelaPower 6x Laundry Detergent and 1 capful of Sol-U-Mel with 2 gallons of warm water. Put the clothing in this solution and let it soak for a few hours. If the grease spots are not dissolved, apply a squirt of Anitbacterial Liquid Soap. Rub it in with your finger - let this stand for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water. These products are natural and very economical. If you would like more info please contact me. Good luck.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I use either cheap shampoo or cheap dish soap and let it sit at least a couple of days. I've had good luck with this even after the item has been dried.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010