What is an easy way to lose weight without exercising?

I've always had a little problem maintaining my weight. But lately I've really had trouble. I am at 200 pds. and this is the biggest I've ever been. Before I got pregnant with my first child I was about 135 pds. After I had her I was about 160. That wasn't a bad weight at all for my height. Then after I had my son I got to 190 and I've gained 10 pds. since then. The doctor wants me to lose at least 5 pds. within three months. But I just don't know if I can do it. Any suggesstions?

mamadaniof2

Asked by mamadaniof2 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Eat less.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• just eat less, its all you can do
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 7:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Well, fortunatley 5 lbs in 3 months is very reasonable. My first suggestion is that if drink soda or juice replace it with a water (you get used to it after awhile) that alone will probably help you lose! Good luck!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• eating less is good, but not too much less...if you eat too little your body could go into starvation mode and store more fat cause its not getting enough calories. I have always been told to each 5 small meals a day it keeps your metabolism moving. Good luck.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I do eat less. I have very bad metabolism. And I can't work right now so when I get bored I want to eat.
    mamadaniof2

Comment by mamadaniof2 (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• less sugars and salt in the diet, it helps me a lil i am in the same boat
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I've heard that losing weight is 80% diet, 20% exercise, so don't just eat less, but make the right choices. No soda, lots of water, cut down on carbs, I almost never have carbs at dinner. Elminate cheese, drink skim milk, use splenda in your coffee, put mustard on sandwiches instead of mayo, don't eat chips, eat light popcorn. Lots of grilled chicken breast and lean meats and veggies, no butter.... join weight watchers, I just started back up again and lost 3.5 in a week. 5 pounds in 3 months is beyond attainable. You can safely lose 20 pounds in that time.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Maybe i'm missing something or reading something wrong but is there a medical reason you can't excercise? Even some light walking or something?
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 7:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Its all about eating right. Foods that are good for you. NOT processed foods.

Fresh foods. Fresh fruits and veggies...You can eat the same amount of food you currently eat but make it the right foods. No soda...less sugar....less salt...lots of water.

Walking always helps too if you cant "exercise".

Big thing----DONT STRESS about it! Stress makes it worse. Just make better choices and check your weight a week or two later..

Good Luck!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Aside from that though (sorry I have a bad habit of clicking post before my brain is done thinking lol) I bought the book YOU on a diet, and it's full of things we should and shouldn't eat and even has recipies, snacks, smoothie mix recipies, breakfast...everything. it tells you how to cook right and basically retrain your body to eat right. Now, I haven't been able to implement it all lol but i'm slowly doing it and the foods actually pretty good!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 7:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010