Horrible pain

maybe not HORRIBLE, but pretty bad, near my spine on my lower back pains. I stand all day at my job which is what i think it is.
anything i could do to help it. i sit as much as i can at work and relax at home. I dont want to take any meds unless i HAVE to.

SpiffyMom

Asked by SpiffyMom at 4:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well keep your feet up above your heart when you are at home. And a nurse told me when you have to stand alot, invest in the Tedhose?? The compression stockings they usually use on elderly patients in nursing homes. She says you may get a little hot, but it helps tremendously as far as swelling in the legs and back pain. also try one of the maternity support belts. It helped me when I was pregnant and waitressing.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Oh I know what you're talking about! What really helps for me, is the opposite of what you may think. Take a walk around your house. No stairs, but just walk around the house for a couple minutes, and then take a nice warm bath. The exercise makes your muscles move and warm up, and the bath helps them to relax, making the pain just dissapear. It works for me when the pain is at it's worst. I know you won't WANT to move, but just do it. You'll feel better. Good luck!! *hugs*
    CsetLaVie

Answer by CsetLaVie at 4:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Stretches before and after work might help. Walking (as mentioned in the previous post) might help. Wearing support hose was a major help to me when I worked standing all day. Wearing good shoes will help. If it continues I'd invest in a trip to a chiropractor. Mine only charges $28.00 a visit. That is cheaper than a massage and I don't have to pay a tip!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I have the same issues...I have changed my shoes I wear and also I practice safer lifting and bending...but all in all you should have your back checked for crushed vertibrae or dislocated...It might be causing your pain too. I am getting ready to do that myself.
    Anonymous

• try an organic coffee enma it will take the pain away usually if i have an issue yes i know it sounds gross but i will drink 3 glasses or organic carrot apple juice and then put in a scoop to 3 i normally do 2 and make the organic coffee put it in a strainner to get the stuff out and then add distilled water when you make it you must only use a stainless steal pan and distilled water and organic coffee or it could do harm because ur putting clemcials in ur body from the pot and the water and the coffee. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAuzP2sHUJ0 heres how u make the juices i dont have that type of juicer so i use just what i have and heres a video these videos help me and it helps sooo much with the pain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgFKJrB3O2g&feature=related
    Anonymous