Do you feel sorry for the woman who left her kid in the car all day and she died?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/10/17/o.overwhelmed.mom.mistake/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Do you feel sympathy for this woman? She left her child in the car all day while she went to work and her child died. I see that this seems to happen a lot. Do you feel sorry for her? Do you think it's easy to do this? She was on Oprah.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, I don't feel sorry for her. Did she leave the kid in the car while she went in to get donuts too? I have never came remotely close to doing this. If I go on autopilot in the mornings because my mind is wandering you know where I drive to? The babysitters house. I don't see how this is possible and if my spouse did this, I would divorce his ass so fast. If it were my only child, i would be in jail because he would be dead. And that is 100% the truth. She should be locked in a hot car until she dies.
    Anonymous

• No i dont. About a month ago that happened here. A woman (who was a foster parent) picked up her kids from daycare. There were twin girl about 4 and a 6m old baby girl(i think). She brought the twins inside and forgot about the baby. She laid dont to take a nap. 3 hrs later she remembered and went outside. The baby was dead. The baby had just been placed in her care 3 days before. I CRIED.......I have a 9m old i couldnt amagine forgettng one of my kids.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 3:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Yes, I do feel sorry for her.
    Do I think it is easy to make a mistake like this? No. But I'm not her. I don't know what was going on in her life that made her forget her baby that day. But I do know that crap happens and even the most protective, hyper-vigilant mother can't shield her children from lifes pitfalls. Making someone feel crappier about a stuipd mistake like this serves no purpose. Is she likely to do this again? No. She has to go home to a house filled with baby pictures everyday - knowing she will never see this litlle child she loved again. Isn't that enough?
    Every time a child is hurt, the cry goes up, "Where was the mother?" or "Why did the mom let her child play in the front yard alone." Moms don't put their children in harms way on purpose and when harm comes to a child, the parents need love, support, and understanding - not people throwing rocks.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• your right that might need some comfort....
    BUT what could have been going on so bad for her to FORGET her child.
    I'm not puttin her down. I just said i dont feel sorry for her.
    If i did that even my family and friend would not feel sorry for me.....and i wouldn't want them too
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• No I dont... and Oprah pissed me off when she said "And no one is sitting at home right now saying 'Oh how could she do this?' " Because I was!! I certainly dont feel sorry for her. I wouldn't be able to live with myself... She literally disgusts me.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• For the life of me....HOW COULD SOMEONE FORGET THEIR KID? I can't understand how if you put your child in a car day in and day out that you could forget them...all of a sudden. I don't feel sorry for her at all. Something that you gave birth to and take care of, then for some reason you just forget....doesn't make sense at all. Did she forget to get up, no, did she forget she put the kid in the car...no, did she forget to drive to work, no...so how can she possibly forget her kid is in the car?
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I don't get how she can forget her kid!! I don't get it so, I guess I feel sorry for the baby and the rest of the family but I'm glad she won't ever forget her baby now that she killed her!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I do feel so sorry for her. Imagine what state her mind must be in to forget her child in the car. I feel bad that she obviously has a lot of issues going on and did not know enough to seek guidance or help and then something bad like this happens.
    But I also believe that god takes someone when they are meant to go. It was her daughter's time and she was taken in this way to open her mother's eyes. It is just sad that it got to the point where this is what it took to open her eyes.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I must admit, every time we get out of the car, I never carry the carseat, her father does . . she's so heavy .. lol and I'm so weak from bedrest, BUT . . I always turn around in a panick, to make sure her father has her. Years ago, I read a story about a baby who died from this same thing and that the baby had pulled most of her hair out of her head. It breaks my heart. Just thinking of my little one in the car getting SO HOT and pulling her hair out of her head in pain . . . can't imagine, brings tears to my eyes, I feel sorrow for the baby, I understand maybe forgetting the baby for a couple of minutes, but ALL DAY??? I don't understand that.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2008