has anyone been told togive there baby this?

My doctor just told me to give my 3 month old 1 teaspoon of benefiber in one bottl once a day. Has anone else been told to give there baby benefiber for constipation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are concerned, talk to your doctor. Are you worried that something in benefiber will harm your baby? Are you concerned that she will need to take it for a long time? Did you talk to the doctor about any possibly long term problems?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• No I have never heard of that before. I was always taught by my mother and Dr. that if you put one teaspoon of cornsyrup and 6-8 oz water it will help them out. Believe me it works! Cleans em right out. I always used this when my little ones became constipated. Try it, it won't hurt the baby it is just basically sugar water. But I promise it will help.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• yea i've been told to do the corn syrup too
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I was told to use Karo syrup. Dark or light doesn't matter and no I've never heard of using benefiber. HMMM that will be a first for me.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 4:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I was told peach nectar. For long term constipation problems my son was given a prescription for lactulose syrup.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• my grandson is four and had a bowel obstruction last Dec. He now takes a teaspoon three times a day on Dr's orders. If your Dr. told you to do this whats the problem? If you are ever concerned by something a Dr tells you to do do not let them leave the room without telling them so.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My doctor told me to give my 3 month old daughter 1oz of apple juice mixed with one oz of water and that it can be given twice a day. I bought the apple juice, but waited for her next bowel movement and it had softened up so I never gave it to her . . . but if it happens again I will give it to her, but I think only once a day.

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 18, 2008