for single moms

How many are single moms? and how many left their husband while pregnant? And if you had no income coming in besides the husband's what do you do? Someone said I can get a government apartment but how with no income?I am 17 weeks pregnant. I am trying to stay with my husband but he is making it hard for me to stay. Hes just so rude.

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 7:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i was a single mom beginning shortly after my daughter's birth over 19 years ago. i am pregnant now and considering being one again - my dh is being a real jackass lately and it's been going on a while. i'm on unemployment and we are making money together on ebay - some days i think it's just finances and convenience that keep us together but then when he knew i was serious about being fine with him leaving he decided to sit down and act like the husband i once knew and loved. where i live i don't think i can get any kind of cash assistance until the baby is born and have not looked into housing - look up section 8 - that is the one thing i can think of that provides housing assistance and not necessarily to people who don't have children but i don't know what the rules are. don't let him blame it on your hormones - even if it is that he needs to learn to deal for the next while IMO
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• get your name on the housing list...our county had a 5 year wait. Start looking for work too...play things cool and plan the work, then work the plan....

the whole world seems rude today...getting a almost neat guy to be less rude is way easier than single parenting...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 7:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My sister had this problem when she was pregnant her husband was lazy and didnt work and she was going to college she signed up for goverment housing it was like a 8 month waiting list got on food stamps and did some other stuff but since she had no income coming in they paid all her bills but good luck and try to stay calm
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• thanks guys i needed that advice
    lifeisgreatbut.

Comment by lifeisgreatbut. (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010