Sanity Check

when someone asks you, "is there a problem?" in a tone that implies they think you do, who has the issue...?? i was in the middle of fixing software on dh's computer and he asked me two questions which i apparently responded to in monotone (no thanks and yes were the extend of my answers) because i was preoccupied. so he asks me this question in this way. i'm thinking he has the problem... am i crazy?

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He's just checking to make sure he hasn't done something he will regret later. Just reassure him that he is fine and you are just thinking.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes, he has a problem with the way you answered him...lol
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 7:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You shoulda said, "Yes, there's a problem - your attitude." lol
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ugh You were helping him and he used that tone w/you. That was rude on his part.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think it's one of those things. He should have realized you were busy an blown it off, granted he was trying to help,you could have stopped a min to give him an explanation (I have to admit it ticks me off when DH does that to me! lol). You both need to just blow it off- no biggie.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• lol unfortunately he didn't really see it as help. it is software he is new to and he was already frustrated because he spent about an hour preparing some files and when it didn't work (the software had a glitch that i fixed with installing an update) he got all pissed saying he was wasting his time - he was just going to start over and never use that software again (time-saving software i convinced him to use). he had seemed to calm down a little but apparently it was all an act. he is such a damn drama queen sometimes - mountains out of molehills.
    figaro8895

Comment by figaro8895 (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• wow jesse i seriously mean this - you really helped - i will remember that next time - it's not about me it's about him and even though i knew that part, i didn't react as if it were. thank you!!
    figaro8895

Comment by figaro8895 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010