What are some ways to get rid of morning sickness?

Are there any quick tricks to getting rid of pregnancy sickness?

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 7:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Lemon juice... I know it sounds gross but it helped me... Lemon juice with Ice cold sips of water
    momma_alie20

Answer by momma_alie20 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• call the doc and ask for zofran...its safe during pregnancy and its was the only thing that helped my nausea....and it works pretty quick cause it disolves under your tonge.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• eat something dry like crackers or toast and drink water if u do get sick dosent burn as bad coming up
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• keep crackers by your bed, before you even sit up eat a couple. Also eat several small meals throughout the day, don't let your stomache get empty (one of the main triggers). Ginger ale helps, or try infussing your water with cucumber, ginger and lemon. I keep a large pitcher of water in my fridge with about 1/2 cucumber, a couple slices of ginger and half a lemon in it and refill my water bottle with that. Good luck, it will pass!
    Raindrp999

Answer by Raindrp999 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My morning sickness was so bad, I was losing weight and even the zofran didn't work. I was having to get daily shots, and even then I would sometimes still puke, and always felt sick. I started waking up and smoking a tiny bit of pot....worked like a charm. Judge me if you want, but my baby was very healthy and gained weight!
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• saltine crackers and sprite
    hisfuturewife94

Answer by hisfuturewife94 at 8:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Lemons! I had to keep them in my purse. I got BAD morning sickness with all 4 of mine. Eat a small amount at a time through out the day even if you dont want to eat cause trust me its better throw up something then nothing. My dr also had me take ginger pills and vitamin B6.And I never used them but at babies R us they sell something called preggie pops they are suppose to help, they have ginger and lemon juice in them so they should help. Just most of all whatever works for you use it! I
    AmberNicoley

Answer by AmberNicoley at 8:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Sleep more. I have noticed a link between exhaustion and morning sickness. Yes, it is possible to be absolutely wiped out after having been awake a whole 45 minutes.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You can get accupressure bands called sea bands at the CVS or Walgreens. They are $12.

If you wear contacts, put on glasses.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ginger snap cookies, ginger ale or ginger capsules.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 9:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010