B'milk question...

I know that you can leave b'milk in the fridge for up to 5 days and out at room temp. for 5 hours but....what if you got it out of the fridge heated it, baby ate a little, let it sit out then refrigerated it, is it still safe to drink? If so, should I just skip heating it up again and next time I use it just let it sit out and get to room temp.?? Sorry if this is confusing, I just hate pumping and don't want to waste a single precious drop and would feel awful if I made her sick!

sunnygrl2

Asked by sunnygrl2 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 4:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I breastfed both of my children, and I was always told that expressed milk was only good for 1 hour after the baby drinks from the bottle. (Because the bacteria from their mouth gets into it). Refrigerating it doesn't change the time either.

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• After the baby drinks from the bottle its good 1 hour, next time smaller bottles should be made. Oh and milk can be left at room temp after pumping for 10 hours, not just 5!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• And milk is good for 8 days in the fridge.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 10:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2008