Is it normal to feel like you cant breathe in late pregnancy?

I feel like Im having a constant asthma attack... but my baby has already dropped... my pulse even drops during these episodes :( and it seems like no matter how deep I breathe it doesnt help

momma_alie20

Asked by momma_alie20 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Normal. Its hot. You're big. You are probably feeling done with it. And there isn't a lot of space in there for your lungs to move. Try to drink water and take it easy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I felt like that a lot, even when the baby drops they are still taking up so much room at that point that it is probably still siting on your lungs. I always felt like I could just not get a deep enough breath, but I never checked my blood pressure, so no idea if it affected that, if your worried just let your ob know, they will tell you if it sounds normal.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 8:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes, it is normal. When I was pregnant, my pulmonist (I have asthma) told me it would get worse until baby was born b/c the baby pushes up on your diaphram preventing the ability to take in as much air. Hang in there.
    newmommy0409

Answer by newmommy0409 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It's normal. There is a whole lot of baby in there with all your other parts!! I feel for you. I had the same issue when I was preggo. I couldnt breathe and I would get so mad!!! Especially before bed!!
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• normal... it sucks, I would feel like I was going to suffocate sometimes, and on top of that my heart would be racing
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes completely normal. It will be over soon and its all worth it in the end
    AmberNicoley

Answer by AmberNicoley at 11:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010