We mix up our kids' names- but have you ever called your kid your pet's name?

You know you're flustered when you call your dog by your child's name or vice-versa! I think Calgon is calling my name!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have a son named Justin and one of my dogs is named Jack. I have mixed up those two a few times. But there are times when the dogs are barking and going crazy and the kids are both running around and I start yelling any name that I can think of, then I just say "everybody get outside". That makes the kids crack up...they think its funny when I say all different names instead of who I am trying to call.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Seriously, YES! I call my cat Nathan and my son Sunshine often when I am flustered, lol.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yes....I just call everyone Sugar now~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 8:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• LOL... No I haven't done it yet because we only have a mean little cat. I don't yell at him too much so I am not in the habit of yelling his name. But I am sure if I had a naughty dog, I would mix up their names. My mom always did.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yes
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• LOL...Yep! Our dogs name is Trooper...And my 5 year old even calls his 13 day old brother Trooper sometimes by accident. LOL!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I flip the boys names a lot, but I haven't thrown the dog's or cat's name in there. The cat is "Noel" - clearly a girl and I don't think I've ever yelled at her. The dog is "Astinos" - not something that rolls off the tongue.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'm embarrassed to say that I switch my sons name with our one dog, the only other male in the house other than daddy. We have 3 female cats too, and I mix their names up with our female dog. It's sad, I swore I'd never do it, because my mom would run through all of our names to get to the right one, but here I am, doing the same thing.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 11:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i do it all the time. it's funny when i call my son sgt. pepper. which is our newest furbabies name.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 11:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010