Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, my husband is an unmedicated Bi-polar, and he cannot sit at home for more than a few hours and I need help with our baby...What should I do?

Pretty much self explanitory


Asked by Hezekiahs_mom at 4:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Relationships

Level 15 (2,057 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Um...I'm an unmedicated bipolar and I have no problem staying home all day with the kids. Though I can understand where he's comming from. It can be pretty unbearable sometimes.

    Why is he unmedicated? I am because I'm trying to find a more natural approach to handling my symptoms. IMO if his bipolar is stopping him from caring for his family then he needs to find a way to manage his symptoms.

    Try to talk to him (preferably when he's not manic or depressed) and let him know that you need him to be a father to your children. Tell him that he needs to find a way to manage his symptoms so he can do that.

    Answer by amethystrse at 4:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

  • if he absolutely cannot stay home and help with the children, i would consider hiring some type of nanny or babysitter. if you can't afford that, maybe you have a friend or relative who is a SAHM or even just someone who doesn't work that you know well who would help you out.

    Answer by SpookyJ at 6:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2008