Well, my husband is an unmedicated Bi-polar, and he cannot sit at home for more than a few hours and I need help with our baby...What should I do?

Pretty much self explanitory

Hezekiahs_mom

Asked by Hezekiahs_mom at 4:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Um...I'm an unmedicated bipolar and I have no problem staying home all day with the kids. Though I can understand where he's comming from. It can be pretty unbearable sometimes.

Why is he unmedicated? I am because I'm trying to find a more natural approach to handling my symptoms. IMO if his bipolar is stopping him from caring for his family then he needs to find a way to manage his symptoms.

Try to talk to him (preferably when he's not manic or depressed) and let him know that you need him to be a father to your children. Tell him that he needs to find a way to manage his symptoms so he can do that.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 4:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• if he absolutely cannot stay home and help with the children, i would consider hiring some type of nanny or babysitter. if you can't afford that, maybe you have a friend or relative who is a SAHM or even just someone who doesn't work that you know well who would help you out.
    SpookyJ

Answer by SpookyJ at 6:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2008