Can we get married on the same day as our parents??

I want to get married on my half-birthday, January 21. That's also the day Dillon's adoptive parents were married. Can we still get married?

CRSimpson

Asked by CRSimpson at 8:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think there's any law against it or anything. BTW, why did you feel the need to call his parents his "adoptive" parents? Why would that make a difference to your question?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Why wouldn't you be able to? It is a day like any other.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Sure. I would love it if one of my kids got married on my wedding day! Ask them to make sure though.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ask them if they care, they will probably think its cute and sort of in honor of them.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• They don't own the day, so why not?
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think it would be a little strange but if thats what you decide then go for it... personally I would ask permission... just to see how ur parents feel about it first so u dont make anybody feel like their day was taken from them ya know
    momma_alie20

Answer by momma_alie20 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I've called Carly and Sasha his adoptive parents since we started dating. For anybody who wants to know, we are back in touch with Lilly and Eli.
    CRSimpson

Comment by CRSimpson (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would ask them, I think that they might be honored that you wanted to make your day the same as theirs, but if they dont like it I would choose another day, just so your not stepping on anyones toes, considering they will be your in laws for a very long time.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 8:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with that at all
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would be offended if my daughter did that. But someone else might be honered by it. Ask them about it. I'm not real sure what a half- birthday is but....anyways I dont see why it matters what day you get married as long as you do and the day is special so if the new in-laws are even a little uneasy about that date pick another.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010