We are looking for a baby monitor that is good with distances...we had a Fisher Price Sounds and Lights, loved it...until the volume went out and left our baby crying and us sleeping! Any suggestions?

momdv

Asked by momdv at 8:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Graco Vibe digital monitor. I could take it outside while my daughter was sleeping upstairs and it worked fine.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• does it take batteries?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You may not like it to have TOO long a range...

Woman I knew, with a unique name (let's call her Gloria) went to a party once... in chatting with someone there, they found out they were neighbors, kind of back fence, 5 houses down. Suddenly the neighbor says 'oh, are you the Gloria who has 3 kids with these names?'

Yes... why?

'You may like to turn your baby monitor off when you're having sex, or at least get your husband to stop using your name...'

Just because you've turned off the receiver doesn't mean you're not broadcasting to the neighborhood.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We have the Graco Secure Coverage and we really like it. If anything goes wrong with the signal, the receiver will beep to let you know something is wrong. http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1773028
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We use angel sounds deluxe...I believe that's the name we are in the middle of moving and have packed thebox. But we love it.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We really like the Graco monitor, it's just the sound monitor, no video, but it works really good. Sometimes we get a little feedback, but it's nothing that you can't deal with.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 9:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I use an Avent long distance monitor. It uses rechargable batteries, so you can leave it plugged into the wall. I live on 15 acres and can hear my baby in the house, from anywhere on the property. Love it.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We have Summer Video Monitors - I like being able to see my kids as well as hear them! (especially since we just switched our 2 year old to a "big boy bed"

Answer by missanc at 9:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2010