It is your opinion vs. your husbands. Who wins?

My husband likes my hair long. The longer the better. When I met him it was down to my butt and he was in love with it. Then I cut it to my shoulders and he freaked and hated it and I would catch him staring at it wishing it was back.

It is now growing back from that cut and I have been looking at a very short cut, about to my chin and very choppy and layered. Hubby would be furious. Everyone else thinks it would be cute. What would you do?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• My hair is my hair and my husband's hair is his. He's allowed to do whatever he wants with his, and mine is under my control.

Since my husband isn't confused about who should be able to do what with their own bodies, this kind of thing never comes up.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• With something like my hair, I have the final say. I know my husband likes longer hair so I grow it out, but as soon as I am sick of it I chop it all off. He still loved me even when I shaved my head bald. :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Well I would have to see what you look like before I could say if it's cute or not. I do think you should think about his feelings and maybe meet in the middle. He has to look at it all the time too.
    RaisingDivas

Answer by RaisingDivas at 8:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I like to feel like my husband thinks I am gorgeous, not anyone else, I would do what my husband loves. But of course it is your hair you have the final say.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 8:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I agree with Linda - my husband knows better than to ever presume to tell me what to do. I do ask his opinion and he usually doesn't care anyways.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Grow your hair out for your husband. Let him win something.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My husband likes my hair longer, so I try to keep it that way. He's not forcing me, but I like doing things like that that he likes. To me his is the only opinion that really matter with stuff like that. I really don't care what everyone else thinks. But the final say is yours; it's your hair.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• it's your hair not his. i had kind of long hair but when my son started grabbing my hair and eating it i cut it short. my df was a little upset because he liked my hair. oh well though. i don't want my son eating my hair and getting sick. i think short layered hair is cute. your husband loves you not your hair. so he should get over it quickly if you cut your hair.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• When it comes to my opinion versus his opinion..whoever is right is the one who wins of course. And since I'M usually the one thats right...I usually win, lol. :)

In your case..its your head, your hair..do what you want.
    My dh prefers my hair to be long too and has even threatened to kick my booty if I cut it short (he wouldnt really..its just talk,lol). He's just lucky I prefere my hair long as well at this time. If I ever decided to chop it all off..then I will. If he doesnt like it, he'll learn to. I had to learn to like his balding head..bwahahahahaaha :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think you should concider his opinion but that the final decision is yours, its your hair do what you want with it. I don't tell him what to do with his hair and he doesn't tell me what to do with mine.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010