My cycle seems to be getting longer...

I was told " I think your cycles are lengthening and I think you are going to have to chart to find out exactly what's going on with your body." I am 26 years old, never had and issue with my period being late...Im curious, why all of a sudden when we start TTC would my cycles start to get longer? Is it something I am doing that would cause this..??

S.D.A

Asked by S.D.A at 8:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Do you have alot of stress in your life? Have you had your ovaries checked for cysts? Stress, can be a major culprit. But there might be something more. You could be having hormone issues that have gone undected. Was it a doctor who told you that your cycles were lengthening or did you notice? You should be charting if you trying to conceive, but it sounds like there is another issue. Hows your iron intake/output?
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 3:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The stress in my life is no more than the normal every day stress. No, I have not been checked for cysts. I am due for my yearly next month. No, my Doctor did not tell me that...I was told that might be whats going on from a women on here...I just hope it is nothing that can't be fixed or figured out. I started taking prenatal vitimans when we started ttc..I heard that can help. Maybe I shouldn't be taking them??? Im getting frustrated...my period needs to come so we can try again OR I would like a + hpt. How do I begin "charting"? Do ovulating kits work well?
    S.D.A

Comment by S.D.A (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010