what to feed an 9 month old that has no teeth besides regular baby food?

hotmama541

Asked by hotmama541 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Basically almost anything you eat as long as you mash it up well. My son didn't started getting teeth until around 10 months. He would eat baby food most of the time, but if I could mash it up for him I did. He ate grits, eggs, rice, macaroni, green beans and some other things.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 4:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i would say you can start with bananas, pasta, dryed bagels are great for teething, cerious... stuff like that. 1) always stand around just incase he/she forget to swallow, 2) introduce one item per week and good luck...
    NoshnBasket

Answer by NoshnBasket at 4:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I didn't feed my children baby food. I bought a little food grinder and fed them both food from the table. It's extremely cheap, I knew it was organic, there wasn't tons of little glass jars and lids to recycle AND we never had to go through that phase of adjustment from 'baby' food to 'table' food since our children were eating 'table' food from the time they started eating - so no picky eating habits.

The little grinder went with us when we went anywhere for dinner  also. Grind it up whatever you're eating and pop the grinder into a plastic bag to get washed when you get home.

These grinders are available at most natural stores in the baby section. You can also buy one online here...

Baby Food Processors

We had the baby food mill that's the second one down.

Neminly

Answer by Neminly at 5:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2008