• In the Spotlight:

Feeding at a restaurant...

My son is 8 months old. When he drinks his bottle, he lays down (but propped up some of course). I've always just fed him his food and then bottle in the carseat at restaurants, allowing him to lay down to drink the bottle. When do I transition him to the restaurant high chair and what did I do about when it is time for him to drink his bottle? (At home, he eats in his highchair and then lays down, propped on his boppy, to drink his bottle)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd say if he's eating in his high chair at home, sitting him in the high chair at a restaurant is fine to do now. My oldest was at that age. However, all kids are different, so don't be discouraged if he doesn't want to. Every time you go, just try again.

As for drinking his bottle, try giving it to him sitting up in his high chair at home. Either he'll go ahead and drink it, or he'll eventually get used to the idea. Again, just keep trying. Then there would be no problem with giving him his bottle at a restaurant.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 4:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I think for sake of ease (which may sound selfish, I am sorry if it does) you should try to transition your son into drinking his bottle in his high chair as well. Then he can continue to sit with you all at the table while you get a chance to finish your meal, he will be able to eat out without having to stay in his carseat (which he probably won't be able to do soon anyway, and you can get him ready for an easier transition to sippy cups that way. At least that is what I would do.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2008