What do you do to.....

....have energy? I work 40 hrs a week at a daycare with 10 kids 5 are under 1 and 5 are over 1. Plus mine comes with me so its even more work for him in the end....I am SOOOOOO drained by the end of the day sometimes by mid day. Any suggestions on how to boost my energy

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I couldn't do what you do even on my best day, so I am not about to give you advice!! I only work 20 hours per week at an easy job, and I still need to nap with my son nearly every day. Good luck mama!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• eat right...make sure you sleep a full nights sleep.
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I like the advice of the authors of the Power of Full Engagement, and Mother Nurture... you don't do anything to regain your energy at the end of a day, and you don't need to manage your time... You need to retain your energy throughout the day, and you manage energy.

Take a look for some ideas for rejuvenating throughout the day, things that only take a few seconds to a few minutes, and can make a real difference to you at the end of the day --feeding your energy system throughout the day is like eating regularly instead of weekly. Even if you're not hungry after you've eaten on Sunday, you're going to be hungry again before Wednesday, even if it would be more convenient or efficient to only eat weekly.

Here's a tip sheet I wrote years ago with some ideas: http://www.raisingparents.net/downloads/nanovacations.pdf
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Well personally I hardly have alot of energy but the way I get some of my energy back is to take a mildly cold shower or bath not to cold though...Then when I get out I usually feel alot better.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• eat right, exercise, get plenty of sleep, take a multi vitamin, drink lots of water
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i agree with all of the rest of the moms.
    also i would take a few minutes for your self (if you can ) and relax and try to calm yourself and go back at it
    i would also eat right , get a full night of sleep, take a multivitamin, and if you would like to or can take like a 5 hour power i wouldnt all of the time just when you are on your last leg of energy
    luv2run88

Answer by luv2run88 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2010