• In the Spotlight:

How long did you wait???

I had my baby 3 weeks ago and I don't want to wait the full 6 weeks to be able to have sex. I didn't have to recieve stitches or anything and my bleeding is pretty slow. I was just wondering how long others waited and if there is any serious harm that could come from having sex so soon.

Lizzie32390

Asked by Lizzie32390 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Health

• I only waited 3 weeks with my first and 2 weeks with the second. I did not have to have stitches with either deliveries and I felt great. My doctor told me as long as it did not hurt that it was fine. Take it slow and if it hurts wait a few days!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 5:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Well I didnt wait the 6 wks before me and my ex did it.if you are doing ok since having your baby I guess the decision would be up to you,the doctor tells you this to make sure you heal before you do anything to hurt yourself.so this would be up to you.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 5:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• With my first we waited about 4-5 weeks. With my second and the one im about to have 6 weeks. I had and will have again a c-section and we tryed at 4 weeks, but it hurt way to much.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• whenever you decide and are comfortable. Don't forget birth control women seem to be hyper fertile right after a baby is born.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• we waited 5 weeks with my first and 3 weeks with the second, whatever feels right to you.
    jessiecrafty1

Answer by jessiecrafty1 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• with the first 3 girls i think i waited out the 6 weeks ... but im 3 weeks postpartum and we have had sex 3 times now .. i didnt have any problems stitches ect... and i was pretty much done bleeding and spotting b4 we did anything just take it slow and if it hurts stop you are the only one who knows when you are ready
    Anonymous