convertible car seat

Alright, my 7 month old son is growing out of his infant car seat and we need to get him a bigger one. But there are so many out there. Which one do you recommend? && Why?

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 5:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use cosco alpha omega. when i got it, it was on sale for $99 at babies R us. for a 3 in 1, I couldn't beat the price. It has good reviews (based on numberous sites). All seats meet safety standards, so it's really about the extra features. I like this one b/c it's rear facing to 35 lbs. My 17 month old, 21 lbs girl is still rear facing (it's FF at 22 lbs so she can't turn around yet anyway). She's gotta all sorts of food, milk, and juices on it and it's holding up well. It's a little hard to get in, but once it is installed properly, it's not going anywhere! It's a little bulky for the rear facing so I had to put it on the passanger side but it's not too bad. I have an altma. not sure how well it'd fit RF in a smaller car.
    Anonymous

• We got our son the Evenflo Triumph. It's awesome, very cushy and comfy! I wish there was an adult sized one for me to ride in.

Just about every review I read was a good one.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Sunshine kids!! They are AWESOME. Lets see they rear face longer than any other seat according to height (49-53 inches per the customer service), they are the side impact tested, they are the narrowest seat on the market so you can fit 3 across in a small car, they rear face 5-35 lbs and forward face to either 65lbs or 80lbs in a 5 point harness(this is very important and safest) It can be folded and stored very easy, its steel reinforced, need i go on heres a link
    http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Radian-Convertible-Seat/dp/B000G7YLZW
    , its the last carseat your child should ever need!!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I would be worried about the Evenflo one. I'm not saying that particular one is dangerous but I do know that Evenflo failed to recall a carseat that they knew could fly out the car a little above 30 mph just because the basic required testing is 30 mph. A poor little baby died because the plastic broke and she got thrown out with the car seat and died. =[ Just be careful, you never know if the Evenflo carseat you get had the same result and they kept quiet.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 7:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008