Ok loooong story ahead.....

We have a split family, my husband has a daughter (8) from a previous marriage and I have a son (also 8) from a previous marriage, we have the kids every other week, they go to the same school and are in the same grade, all of us the ex's and steps all try to be amicable and communicate in a friendly way for our kids. In my husbands case, his WHOLE family is still friends with the ex-wife, who cheated on him, that is why they are divorced, anyway.... his Mom even goes out with his ex-wife for margaritas etc.
Recently the daughter had 2 b-day parties, one with us and one at Mom's, well Auntie came to our party then decided to share the photos of our party with ex wife and ex-wifes family.....am I crazy or is this just a little TOO invasive into OUR lives. How much should I really have to share with this woman? Do I have the right to be upset? We didn't get pictures from HER party at her house!! WTF???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• OK Linda lets just be a bitch. So I have been cheated on are you trying to say that its my fault he couldnt keep his dick in his pants? You have EVER right to be upset I kinda have the same thing but not to that extreme in my life. My SO's ex gf who is the mother of his 2 sons I swear has spies on us. We do not have contact with her bc she is a crazy bitch but she always finds out everything. @ days after II found out I was having twins she calls and starts shit about how her kids wont be treated the same with 2 more children in the mix. Talk to your hubby about it or maybe even his family about how you feel. You dont havbe to be best friends with this woman to have a good relationship for the kids sake.
    lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i would be upset too. you will always have to deal with her since your husband has a daughter with her. however the aunt should have came over showing off pictures of the other party. that's rude.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I got pics of my XHs 'fam' trip to Mt Rushmore w the new wife. I also got pics of my kids from their wedding. Its just to see my babies having fun. I don't think there's any reason to be upset that your SO's XW has pics of her daughter having fun @ her b-day. I'd only be pissed if she had something negative to say.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 11:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Or, you could grow up and get over it.

Whatever she 'did to him' that resulted in their divorce, it was a marriage between two people. He was involved as much as she was, and if he hasn't figured out yet what it was about her (supposing she was always a cheater) that he found attractive, or what it was about the way he treated her (to provoke her to go find someone else), he has always been a party to it. Not innocent victim, that is.

What those people think and do is so far outside your realm of control it might as well be happening on Mars. Get on with your own life, find valuable things to do (and think about) that match your goals and values, and let them live whatever way they want to.

Surely, you have something more important to care about...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ummm...I would say that you have every right to feel the way you do about it. But I would keep it on the down low and not make a big deal out of it. I can see how it could be a bit annoying to you...but what can you do about it? You'd probably end up feeling like an ass if you blow up about it,lol. I know I would. Next time.. make sure you pass along some pictures of you holding up your middle finger with a big smile or something. Try not to let it get to you.
    Were in a combined family too.And I've had to deal with some uncomfortable situations...and in the long run I felt better for being able to have had smiled politely and gritted through my teeth rather than have said something I'd later on regret.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would be upset also. I would ask he not to show those pictures in my house
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Oh, and this wife was the one he divorced me for, just FYI.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 11:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010