Close friend versus good friend?

Do you think there's a difference? And do you think that a male and female can be close or good friends with each other?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm not sure there is a difference. I do think a man and women can be just friends, but I don't think it happens often.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think you shouldn't be "close" friends with someone of the opposite sex but you can be good friends.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'm not sure there's a difference...
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I am not sure there is a difference either as you would always hold a good friend close. I do think a male and female can be good friends. One of my friends is male and we have been so for 9 years so far. I adore his wife.
    Soteria79

Answer by Soteria79 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think that there are the rare relationships where men and woman can be friends and only friends. I also think that there are more times where it does cross the line at some point. I just went through this with my husband. After awhile he seen it my way and his friendship isn't like it was. I told him he may not be feeling anything but how does he know she isn't starting to feel anything. Long story behind it. It's hard and I am sorry if you are going through a hard time with your S/O and him being friends with a girl. It's not fun.....
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yes theres a difference. a im not sure the order. but one u always talk to and can tell anything and the other u can be miles form barely talk to and still catch up after a long time. like nothing... and it depends..ive always had guy friends. but i also flirt shamelessly wiht them.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I dont think there is a difference
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Not neccisarily a difference, but generally when someone says "Close Friend" they mean more of a Best Friend.
    And yes opposite genders CAN be close friends with one another. My best friend is a guy. We've been friends for nine years.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010