my friend Lori died tonight after a long battle with breast cancer

if you're a praying lady,please say a little one for her passage to the Lord and the end of her suffering. She was only 38. She will be sorely missed by all who knew her. She leaves behind a husband and 2 beautiful daughters.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am so very sorry for your loss. :(
    My best girl friend Kimmie has breast cancer, she is 36 and has a 6 year old daughter. She's a single mom and she's not doing so well. I don't want to think about this happening to her, but at the same time I am preparing myself (sort of). It makes me mad though... she felt the lump a few months before she had it checked, but as a single mom, with 3 different bartending jobs, she's barely making ends meet and she doesn't have health insurance, she didn't get a mammogram until she got her income tax refund in March. By then it had metastasized and she's really, really sick. I can't bear the thought of losing her. Also, she doesn't have family that she trusts to raise her daughter... I know she wants me to step up, but honestly, I don't know if I can. I'd feel like a total failure compared to how amazing she is as a mom/guardian.
    My heart goes out to you.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't pray, but my thoughts and best wishes are with all of you during this difficult time. I am so sorry for your loss.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 9:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I am so incredibly sorry for your friend and her family. She is certainly in my prayers.
    hope4emma

Answer by hope4emma at 9:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• She's at "home" now and no longer in pain. She's in the arms of the Lord. That's a good thing. Praise Him for the time he allowed you to have with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i am a "praying lady" - i am keeping you in my heart, thoughts and prayers - you have suffered a great loss - i am praying for you to get the strength from our Lord to be able to get beyond your loss and somehow get through this - my heart and prayers also go out to Lori's family at this time - may they have the comfort that she is now in a better place than any of us - i'm sure she lived a beautiful life down here - but her life has really now just begun - we are the ones we are feeling sorry for - Lori is the one whose life has just begun - John 3:16 - i believe it -'' For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son, That whosoever believeth in Him shall have Everlasting Life". from memory - so i might be a few words off - keep close to you all the wonderful memories you must have of your dear friend - they shall comfort you - and bring you peace - may God keep his Angels over you - huggss - kay
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 8:48 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am sorry for your loss...she was young...I will say a prayer for her.
    Soteria79

Answer by Soteria79 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Hugs.

Will do.

KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I am so sorry. What a terrible loss.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My prayers are with you and her family. My mother died at 44 from cancer. She left behind my dad and 7 children plus many grandchildren. I know it is very hard during a time like this. My heart truly goes out for her and the people she left behind. I'm sorry you lost a dear friend!
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I will pray for you also.
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 9:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2010