I need to make a copy of my car keys...

My ex and I own a car together (we are both on the title) and he keeps hiding he keys from me... I need to make a copy, where would I go to do that?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Take the vin number to the dealer and have them make you a copy. It may cost you a little but then you have the keys.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• That would depend on the car really...I think a lot of newer cars have a chip in the key that is needed to start the car. I would take it to a dealership if that is the case...otherwise you can go to somewhere like a Walmart automotive section and make a spare for a buck or two.
    Soteria79

Answer by Soteria79 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Walmart or lowes, some kinda home store, like home depot...they all cut keys...and depending on your car type they can cut a car key for you, i had a key cut for my dodge neon
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I need a key cut too so I'm glad you asked this question
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 9:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You can go all kind of places to get the keys made. I am pretty sure that Walmart is even doing keps with chips in them now.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If you have a newer car with a computerized key, the blank will cost anywhere from $35 - $75 dollars. If it is an older car that isn't computerized, go to Lowe's, Home Depot, or anywhere that can cut a key.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If computerized, dealership. If not Walmart, locksmith, or hardware store. I suggest two copies instead of one.
    RoyalLady

Answer by RoyalLady at 9:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Any hardware store.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• So go to the copy machine and make copies Lol
    DesignerWhore

Answer by DesignerWhore at 10:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Walmart does it here in our town. Or the car dealership. Put the key in your purse or on a chain in your pocket.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010