Online dating...

Has anyone ever had a positive relationship with someone they met online?
Has it ever gone anywhere?
Engagement, long relationship, Marriage?

TELL ALL!!

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• i met my dh online 4 years ago! i tried not talking to him and kept pushing him away for the first 2 months or so, but he wouldnt quite trying to talk to me, and im glad he didnt quite trying either! :0)
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 9:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I've been with SO for over 4 yrs. We met online. I thought it would be a one night stand and the rest is history

Answer by admckenzie at 9:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My husband and I met online. 5 years and a toddler later, I think we did ok. I dated a LOT online before I met him, and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is an efficient way to meet many potential mates in a short amount of time. I don't know why there is such a stigma attached to it. It makes perfect sense to me. The guys I met online were not any more or less weird than the ones I didn't. There are gonna be weirdos no matter what, lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I met almost all of my exboyfriends online.
    My very first boyfriend and I met nine years ago. We lived eight hours apart, but instantly connected with one another. We met a few months later when he came up to visit. We dated for 11 months. Due to our immaturity in the dating aspect, us being generally young, and a few other harmless things we decided that it'd be better if we just be friends. And we have been. Best friends for the last nine years.

My husband and I met online three years ago. We met on Myspace. We connected immediately, met a month later in person and the whole friendship took off from there. We started dating, we got married, we had kids, bought a house .. the whole nine yards. We've been married for two years and counting.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i met my husband in a yahoo chat room in june 2004. I live in orlando and he lived in miami. In September 2004 he moved to orlando and we got married on valentines day 2005. We have been married for over 5 years now and have a almost 4 year old daughter.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Met my fiance online 6 years ago (actually our anniversary was September 9th!) It has been nothing but a positive experience. We met and clicked right away. We were friends for awhile then admitted we had feelings for each other. We met while playing an online game and the best part was, I was already friends with my future Father in Law before I met my fiance. His Dad and I were in the same "guild" and worked together in the game all the time.
    Now, I met my sons sperm donor online too. After 5 years of on again off again and 2 more of "we're on a break" it was finally done. He cheated over and over (online and in real life), treated me horribly and broke my arm.

Aside from dating tho I have met some awesome people online and have made some incredible friends.
    1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 5:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I met my SO online a year ago.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010