Who is having a hard time weaning?

My son is 16 months old & this is tough! I have cut down feddings to once a day & at night time only.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i thought it was heartbreaking and intense weaning at 4 months old... just stick with it anything you do by instinct and love on weanin gwill work if done consistently.. there is like a burning discomfort for you and the child when you realize this is really happening, then it sort of shifts and changes, anbd its done. like exhaling finally. you will do all right. dont be guilty and we did great things for them so far.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 10:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I can't really help you. My daughter just weaned herself at 45 months. I miss it, so make sure that's what you want before you do it.
    bamsmom2001

Answer by bamsmom2001 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• is there any way you can continue those feedings for now? maybe try and give these sessions a few weeks, and then try to reduce them again. or reduce them by minutes each feeding. if they go for 30 minutes, try cutting it to 25 minutes for a few days, then 20 minutes for a few days, and so on. adjust longer intervals if needed.

kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 7:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2010