Question. please read!

I'm a typical overly nervous mom-to-be, and for some reason I can knock this thought of an incompetent cervix...I had an OB appointment today and I'm 18 weeks and some days with a cervix measuring 3.7cms, should I quit worrying ?! Any advice would be lovely! Thankss! :)

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• So, I guess my main question is, was your Dr. concerned? If not then I don't think that you have anything to worry about, I think that if he would have had a problem with it he would've recommended the procedure to fix it? Secondly, he probably also would've recommended you be on bed rest to help facilitate a healthier pregnancy for that condition.

I know this probably doesn't ease your mind, but if you don't trust your Dr., then you should seek a second opinion, and find a Dr. that is maybe keen on listening to your concerns and easing them. First and foremost, if you are feeling that there is a problem, then listen to your intuition, but I can't imagine that the Dr. would've been okay with this if there was a problem that they forsaw.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 5:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• What I'm asking is, can an incompetent cervix still be a problem with a long cervix measuring 3.7cm [which is a normal sized cervix]. My doc wasn't concerned because my cervix measured normal length...I just wanted to know if it is still a possibility?
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Yea... What she said... =P
    Anonymous

• sounds like everything is normal. if your cervix is normal and it is of normal size then why are you worried. if she would have said it was too short or something then maybe. but other than that just relax. i dont see a reason for you to be worried
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 5:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• if you worry too much, you may send yourself in labor and then it will be a problem. stop worrying unless the doctor gives you cause for concern.
    jessiecrafty1

Answer by jessiecrafty1 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I agree with everyone else, you just need to breath!!! If your cervix was normal, then there aren't any issues.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 12:26 AM on Oct. 18, 2008