what does this mean for custody?

BG: My dh and his ex have been fighting a custody for over year due to allegations of abuse made by sd about bm. BM is cp. On another note sd is in therapy, since 2007 it has been court ordered that both parents participate. BM however does not allow dh to do this.
We have however had one joint session with bm only and one sesion with sd. We have had several where we went in to discuss the issues at hand. Now the therapist says she cannot work with bm and that she cannot make progress because of bms excessive involvement. BM has actually yelled at this woman and threatened to sue her. So,now my dh has to enforce co so we can take sd.
My question what would a judge think if the therapist cant even work with bm due to her aggresiveness and manipulations. Would this matter in court?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• it matters quite a bit
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If I was that Judge I would Recommend another Counselor or Look for my Own Proffessional Help since know one seems to be Directing This Problem to someone more Capable and Willing to Take this Sitution an Find a more Feasable Comprimise that works better for all Parties involved
    Darlasuttles

Answer by Darlasuttles at 9:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes it would matter in court, but I would also be finding a different therapist who may be able to work with BM.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yes it does that is how my hubby got custody, we are here in Texas, now in Texas its hard for a mother to lose custody of her child, in order for her to lose it, now she wasnt complying w/therapy n couseling,
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It matters sounds like my friends sit.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• it matters. here whoever refuses to go to therapy can lose custody.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 8:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It definitely matters to the family court if BM is making therapy impossible. I agree with other moms that you and DH also need to find a new therapist who can either work with BM or will work with SD without her. I am sure this all has to be hard on your SD and she's going to need help to get through it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:28 AM on Sep. 16, 2010