How do u know when labor is getting close?

momma_alie20

Asked by momma_alie20 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I couldn't eat, sleep and I couldn't hold still... if i wasn't walking it hurt
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ha ha! You don't . . . until you REALLY know you are in the middle of the REAL thing!! Some people loose their mucous plug up to 2 weeks before going into labor. Other times you have labor pains that are close together all day long, for WEEKS, but the fade away 12 hours later only to restart the next evening (I had this for 2 pregnancies). You are miserable and think this is it!! But then it isn't. Cramping, braxton hicks, contractions, miserable - and you may still have several weeks. BUT on the positive side it is all moving you that much closer to the real thing! :D Not very encouraging, I know.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• oh and I got my bloody show and lost my mucus plug
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i had bloody show right before labor started. and i cleaned EVERYTHING a couple days before then was super tired the day before.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My water started leaking with my first (no contractions for another couple hours though) and my second I had no idea until I woke up at 5 am with minor contractions.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My water broke. I thought I was just peeing uncontrollably until it turned pink! It wasn't until 15 hours later that I had my first contraction!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i felt bad all day did not know why until my water broke, hubby thought i peed cause i had to i was like no . it broke at 302 pm with my first baby and i had her at 302 am the next morning. i had contractions start about 30 minutes after my water broke. everyone is different. good luck and Congrats
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 8:22 AM on Sep. 16, 2010