ANY TIPS FOR CONSTANT NECK PAIN?

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 5:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Health

• I was told to use a neck brace that you can buy at Walgreens...only on occasion so your neck muscles don't rely on it for support, but it helps. Use those press on heat packs....man I use those and my neck feels great. Another thing to maybe get if you can afford is a portable traction table. You can get them at Sears I think for about 100 to 200 hundred dollars, use it every day and it aligns your spine and helps with your neck....it does wonders to help your intestine track. My doctor recommended it for my neck and everything else. Try it if you can get one!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Heating pad and advil. Thats what i do. If it persists then your gonna want to see a doc to see if its more than just muscle aches. You could really screw up your back it you let it go; if somethings wrong that is.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Chiropractor and a massage. Not in that order. Works wonders.
    Godsgirl50

Answer by Godsgirl50 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I would go to the doctor. I had constant neck and shoulder pain. I finally went to the doctor and found out I had 2 bulging disks in my neck. I would suggest going to the doctor as soon as you can to find out what it could be.
    kywildcats

Answer by kywildcats at 6:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Definately go to the doctor if its upseting your normal life. My rule of thumb is I wait a week (unless its very severe) and then I go. Until you get in try moist heat (those heating pads you put in the microwave) aleve or advil, maybe some icy hot or aspercream. Also try stretching.
    bearcat84

Answer by bearcat84 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i see a chiropractor, and he got me on tractioning which has worked wonders for my neck
    jessiecrafty1

Answer by jessiecrafty1 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i hurt my neck about 12 yrs. ago jumping on a trampoline.Now i can't sit at the computer or watch T.V. for 5 min. without adjusting my position. It's agonizing! None of the pain relievers work for me!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 9:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2008