• In the Spotlight:

How do you choose between names for the baby when you LOVE all of them?

I've got three names for each gender that both my husband and I LOVE, and we can't decide between them, and I'm already getting questions like "What will you name it?" "Is is a boy or girl?" and I have no idea what to tell them!

CsetLaVie

Asked by CsetLaVie at 4:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well what I did was I choose out 2 girl names and 2 boys names and I matched them all together like I am naming my little girl Chloe Renae. I like both of those and if it was a boy I was going to name him Colton Hunter if you need help choosing a name I have lots of names I will be more than happy to help and give you some good advice..
    its_a_girl08517

Answer by its_a_girl08517 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• have more kids so you can use all your fav names! lol
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I'd have to have 6 kids (three of each) to use all my fav names! I know I would be just fine with that, but I think my husband would go insane! LMAO
    CsetLaVie

Answer by CsetLaVie at 5:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I have 5 children and all of them have 3 names plus their last name, so that's a total of 4 names each. there is no law that says how many names your child can have.
    Short3

Answer by Short3 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• with the girls name I chose one that would sound good with my DD...Her name is Jasmine and if I'm having a girl her name will be Lily-Ann.
    s_newton86

Answer by s_newton86 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• just tell them you have a few that you are still deciding between. sometimes it takes seeing them to really decide what the name should be... my daughters name was going to be Kyra jade... but when she was born it just didn't fit her so we changed it to Gracelyn Elyzabeth
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 6:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Choose your favorite and if you can combine your favorite first names and make one a middle name or hold onto them if you plan to have other babies in the future, maybe you could use one then. This may sound corny but if you ever have a pet you could name the pet that name too.
    nan16

Answer by nan16 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Now that you have names picked out, wait until you see your baby's face and you'll know which one is right. I knew I was having 2 girls and that's how my husband and I decided who got which name. As for telling family, I would say to not tell them anything regarding names. Everyone is going to like different ones and some people will not like any of the three and it's kind of a pain having to listen to everyone's opinion.
    tripsmom1

Answer by tripsmom1 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• We didn't tell anyone the names we had picked out either time because we didn't want to listen to the opinions. Tell people you haven't decided yet. It's none of there business anyway.If you have 3 names that you like, wait til the baby is born and whenever you see him or her the first time, you'll know what the right name is!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Hello,
    Wait like I did until you see the baby. There will be a moment when you will look and meet your new person and you'll just know, I did.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2008