My son is only 16 months and they really dont give medz to babies that young. He have a stuffy nose n now only at night he have this bad cough. What can i buy him over the counter??

emotions2280

Asked by emotions2280 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• get children's cough syrup and give him 1/2 the dose for a 2yr old. or 4 yr old. which ever is the youngest on the lable
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 10:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• They sell over the counter honey elixer i think its made by little noses?
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• little noses or dymatap hes over one carcinogeneditrictions dont like to give meds to little kids like antibiotics and stuff but i always ask my pharmacist they tell me over the counter stuff that is safe for my kids
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i meant peditrictions
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• triaminic for children and a tiny dose. i am a nurses daughter. infants acetaminophen drops, i am using these on my six month old per doctor for teething. vicks vapo rub on chest, only a little. cold washcloth on forehead. Poly Vi Sol vitamins---vitamins work WONDERS for asthma, colds, immunity. graduate to gummy ones and then flintstones.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 10:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• elevate his head while he sleeps for the cough. Put on a humidifier for the stuffy nose. You can buy a vicks rub for babies. Johnsons makes a great menthol baby wash, that works wonders. (Hubby and I use it too!)
    Keep in mind that any cold medication that you give him will only temporarily relieve the symptoms, even cover them up and may slow actual recovery.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• saline solution always helps with a stuffy nose. and it's natural. like a netty pot, but the have it for babies too.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 11:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would get Roubitussin.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:59 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• it is not recommended to give ANYTHING. See post above from newmom808
    jusdawn

Answer by jusdawn at 4:04 AM on Sep. 16, 2010