Maybe being to paranoid..

yesterday my Dr. put me on Zythromax for bronchitis. I started the 2 pills yesterday and had really bad dry mouth. Tonight when about 1 and 1/2 hrs after I took 1 pill i noticed really bad dry mouth. About 20 minutes later I noticed my uluva was slightly swolen. So I googled swolen uluva and it said its caused from drymouth, coughing and snoring. With the bronchitis I have had sever coughing to the point that my muscles in my sides are hurting. So getting to the point and the question, Do you think I should go to the hospital and get my uluva checked out? Im afraid it may be an allergic reaction. Or should I try drinking lots of water and do the cough drop thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Health

• I would wait and see what happens, medicine and cough drops, maybe make a call to the hospital and talk to a nurse if you are really concerned but if you looked it up and it says its normal, I think its ok.
    kristalee83

Answer by kristalee83 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• only go to the hospital if your throat is closing up or you cant breathe. if your uvula is swollen it is probably from dry mouth or the medicine effects or the coughing strain, that hasppened to me once with a horrible cold.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 10:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Sweetie if it bothers you that much I think you need to see A Doctor.But as far as Dry mouth goes.Thats actually Normal with many Medications.Just Take a Deep Breath and Relax.Your gonna be Fine.Go see your Gynocologist about the Swelling.The Doctor can give you some advice on What to do or what Not to do okay.Dont get worked up cause this can cause your Body to React in Bad ways even Breaking out in a Rash caused from Stress and Worry.My Prayer and Love go with you Friend --Darla
    Darlasuttles

Answer by Darlasuttles at 10:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think she is talking about her uluva, its that bean thingy in the back of your throat.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010