Thank you to all the accepting mothers, I'm sure they greatly appreciate it!!!

I just want to applaud all the Mom's that say that they will be accepting and loving no matter if their child is gay or straight. It actually shocks me how many responses when people ask question about how they would react are actually "I would love and support them." Of course, I wonder if those that wouldn't are simply choosing not to respond. But in this day and age, as much as I feel it's becoming more accepted it still is nowhere where it needs to be on the acceptance level. I, for one, believe it is not a choice, otherwise I know plenty of people that wouldn't have chosen it. I hope that my children end up straight, I'll be honest, but only for the sake of them not having to struggle, of course viewpoints can greatly change in the next 15-20 yrs, but if they are gay, I will love them the same way as they day they will be born! Thank you to all the accepting mothers!! (fyi...I'm not, just saying thanks for those that are)

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 10:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• They will always be our children, and that will never change. I will be proud of my child no matter what he ends up doing in his life. He has my support for life. That doesn't mean we have to agree with them, necessarily, but we do have to love them. I don't always agree with my husband either, but I love him. :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 10:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• group hug

Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• blowing kisses

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My son is my life. The only thing that would make me turn on him would be if he grew up to be a vile and vicious person, like a murderer or a child abuser/molester. Would I want him to be gay? No. But would I still love him and and support him and keep him in my heart forever? Damn straight. My love for him will not change.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I, too, would be an accepting parent and supportive.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2010