How can my good friend get her two year old not to hold her bowel?

Ryley will hold her bowel for about an hour or her mom (my 23, single mom, like my little sister) will have her sit on the potty for a long time or just give in and put a diaper on Ryley!! She will go in just a few minutes and have a stomach ache soon after!! How can I/we help Ashley have a stress free day? Ryley is very smart and has been in panties for about four months with NO accidents!!! Thank you so so much,
P.S. Ryley turned two on April 1st. . browneyedmom05@yahoo.com

friendofamom02

Asked by friendofamom02 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Um, is that your email address or hers? We don't usually post addresses on here.

And the answer is, don't let her give in and put on a diaper. IF the child poops, let it happen... they don't like when they poop on themselves, and learn to stop.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i agree.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 10:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• it may be something wrong thats why she doesnt like to take them or it could be just a psychological thing..talk to a pediatrician...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 3:31 AM on Sep. 16, 2010