How long do you exercise for and how many days a week?

I hope I am not doing too much or too little. I exercise 5 days a week. I would do 7, but my ankle isn't tolerating all the strenious exercises very well. It gave out on me yesterday.
Anyway, I work out for almost 2 hours everyday for 5 days. I do about an hour worth of cardio. Running and boxing. Then I do side lunges and squats, bicep curles and other exercises that focus on my arms and shoulders, then I do crunches. After I do all of that I run some more. I love to exercise and I am loving the results. Am I doing too much or not enough?

PoisonousBlonde

Asked by PoisonousBlonde at 10:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Your workout sounds great! Just keep listening to your body, and if your ankle (or anything else) is really screaming at you, give yourself an extra day's break.

I used to work out 5 days a week for about an hour and a half, doing combinations of cardio and free weights, but we aren't able to afford our gym membership anymore. Now I go for long speedwalks by myself about 4 days a week, and casual walks with my family on the other days. I try to do squats and stretching exercises while I'm getting stuff done at home. It's better than nothing, but I can't wait to get my gym membership back...I'm kind of high-strung and I need intense workouts to keep my head clear! Haha
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i think your doing good. if it was up to me, i would work out for about the same and the reason i dont is not because im lazy, its because my schedule just doesnt work out often enough with my gyms day care while im in school but when i dont have school, thats about how much i do. sometimes i only do a half an hour of cardio.
    just remember that if your ankle is hurt, you might need to take a break because if you keep working on it and its hurt, its just going to get worse. i had an problem with me knee a while ago, and i kept working out anyway, well it got worse to the point where i could barley walk on it and had no choice but to stop working out and then it didnt get better for 3 weeks, so if i would of took a small break when it first started i probably would of been better off. & once you get to your goal weight, you can probably not do so much cardio because you dont want to look a stick figure.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• aliceryannesmom , you know, if you know someone with a Costco membership, right now 24 hour fitness is having a special where you pay $299 for two years. Nothing else monthly. I figured it out, and it's like $12 a month!!! WHOA! LOL I will have to do that!
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 11:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Wow! You are doing better than me! My workout is jumping on the mini trampoline while my kids play outside. =P
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• 7 days a week for 2 hours
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 2:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• 6 days a week for 1 hour.
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I do cardio seven days a week and three times I do weight training.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Well, seeing as I just started, I am doing 3 days a week(Mon-Wed-Fri) for 50 minutes. (Yoga) I just about died today b/c we were doing a different kind of yoga... ARG... My legs are SORRRRREEE, and I imagine my arms will be as well. Also, I may start going on Thursdays (bringing it up to 4 days a week for an hour). I actually wanted to sign up for dance aerobics to lose some weight, but when I got to the class, it was yoga. LOL I like yoga anyway, so no big deal. My sister said it's better to start with yoga anyway.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 11:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• When I am not pregnant, I workout about two hours a day five to six days a week. I have a Gazelle, an Air Climber, free weights, a kettle bell weight, DVD's that range from Jillian kicking butt to Yoga and Pilates along with a few from Beachbody.com.

I am a fitness nut!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Good for you! Keep up the good work! I only have time for 3 days of cardio and 2 days of strength training. With a family of 8 children and their schedules it is hard to squeeze in me time!! I think you are doing great!!!
    Skavswife

Answer by Skavswife at 3:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010