Am I just a mother blinded with love and hopes of my unborn baby being a genius? Or... LOL

I am only 23 weeks along and this morning I was playing drums with my fingertips on my belly. Baby was punching back. Amused, I went towards her feet and then she started kicking back. Then back to her torso where she started punching again.

To me it seemed as though it was purposeful movements by baby as to what it meant, I don't know.

I just thought that babies did not have the ability to purposely move their arms or legs as a response to stimuli.

What is the correct answer?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 5:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Baby's inutero can and DO react to stimuli from outside the womb. From voices, to music to you tapping on your belly. It dosnt mean the baby will be a genius, it's just normal for baby's to react even while in the womb.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My daughter did it when I was further along than 23 weeks.. I'm trying it now lol nothing is happening but I'm only 19 weeks. :)
    sarah06

Answer by sarah06 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2008