spin off to the gay marriage question

Christians and whatever else you may believe, what would you do if your child told you they were gay?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Love them just the same. Love for your child should always be unconditional.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I may be slightly disappointed. Even though I am totally for gays and gay rights, I would never want my child to have to deal with the society today as it currently stands.

I would be supportive and offer to pay for counseling, not because they are gay, but to help them with their emotions and feelings from being an outcast in the general population. Also counseling to give them tools to use to help them succeed in life with their sexual orientation
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 6:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My mother told me if I was ever gay, she wouldn't want anything to do with me. I, however, would love and accept my kids either way.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 6:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• love them and pray for them and let them know there is a way out and they don't have to stay that way. And I know some are going to tell me that they are born that way and I will probably be one of the few Christians who will agree with you. We are all born with a sin nature (yes I consider it a sin) but we don't have to continue in it. I have friends and relatives who are gay... they know how I feel and they know I love them.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I'de accept them no matter what. As adults and humans we are ALL free to choose how we live our lives, and that includes being Gay. If my kids want to be that way it is their choice. Even if my bible says they are going to hell for it. When you love someone you accept them, Faults and all.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I am against it... but nothing could make me love my baby any less.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I'd be a little disappointed. Aside from that, nothing would change. I will love my daughter unconditionally. There is nothing she can do to change that.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• bonn777-what you said.....
    and no, you wont be the only christian on here who thinks that way...
    i have people in my life, friends and relatives who are gay. they know where i stand on the issue, but they also know that i will never be rude to them or love them any less....what kind of example would it be for our personal beliefs and personal morals if we didnt love our kids or relatives who were gay?
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 6:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• if your child is gay so what they are still your child..botom line LOVE them and support them in all aspects. because if you try to change them or try to bash them or try to use the bible against them you will only loose your child and well it's not worth it. love is love regaurdless of who they choose to love...i say smile and be happy your child had the courage to tell you and that the trusted you enough to let you in on their life. love them unconditonally that's the best thing for you to do.
    rikaree

Answer by rikaree at 6:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I kinda hope on of them is... I think it will be Hunter... I need a shopping partner!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2008