How do you know if your child has ADD?

KaitisMommy

Asked by KaitisMommy at 4:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Kids' Health

• they do testing for it.
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• IT DEPENDS IF THE KID IS IN SCHOOL AND FAILING U CAN ASK THE SCHOOL TO TEST THE KID FRIST TO MAKE SURE IT'S NOT ADD, AND IF IT IS MAKR AN APPT. WITH UR DOC. TO TEST THE KID, MY SON HAS ADD AND HIS NOW ON MEDS. AND DOING GOOD.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE OUT COME.
    cruz43

Answer by cruz43 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I have one child that has ADD and one that has ADHD. The one with ADHD is really hyper! The one with just ADD just has problems staying focused, and tends to easily get confused. Sometimes the child may seen lost! If you suspect your child has one of these disorders, talk to your doctor. There is much help available. There is also a learning disability that some children with these disorders have. Fortunately, my children don't have that part. They are both on medication which allows them to function properly and productively.
    Short3

Answer by Short3 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• ADHD
    www.focusonadhd.com      Learn How To Identify If Your Child May Have ADHD.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Get the Facts on ADHD
    www.ADHDhelp.net      We Recognize That Every Day Is Different. Get An ADHD Info Kit Now
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• How Can I Tell if My Child Has ADHD - Parenting Ideas
    If your child feels difficulties in paying attention at school work or ... ADD/ADHD thing or not, the real question for me is whether my child has got it. ...
    www.parentingideas.org/articles/health/how-can-i-tell-if-my-child-has-adhd/
    vbruno

• you can go to your doctor and ask to get testing for it.. Dont worry ur not alone
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• There are symptoms. If a child has a certain number of them, then he is said to have it. Be aware, over half of those symptoms are also signs of a visual disorder.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/actearly/adhd.html
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2008