ok my 12 year old is on her cycle.

help!!!! she is angry and just wants to be rude as hell.back talk all the time.talks like shes the mom.

ladybug36519

Asked by ladybug36519 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• who's the parent, you or your twelve year old daughter? True, everyone is entitled to act out now and then but to be disrespectful to your parents should be a no no...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would tell her that it's inappropriate for her to speak to you that way. Call her on it every time. I would suggest yoga, too. I started doing yoga when I was 11 or 12 and it helped a lot around that time of the month with cramps and PMS in general.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You simply need to make eye contact and tell her nicely "That is innappropriate and I will not be spoken to that way. If you can't be nice, you can go sit in your room"

Make sure there is NO TV, Radio, Ipod, Cell Phone...nothing in her room. Her room should be for changing clothes and sleeping...nothing else.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Oh, and I would not mention the PMS or hormone half. At this age, she will simply grab on to that as an excuse to be nasty whenever she feels like it
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Having her cycle or not, she has to respect you. You tell her I am the mom not you and you will do as I say.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ladybug - I think I love you.....just for the fact that your DD does not have a cell phone. I can't stand it when I see 8-9yr old kids with cell phones. WHO the HELL are they calling?
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• thank you laddies very much
    ladybug36519

Comment by ladybug36519 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Eh i agree with the above but let her have her phone and bitch to her friends. at that age, they're just pissed off for no reason half the time. it helps if they can vent. my stepmom used to accuse me of yelling at her all the time when really i was only meaning to yell about the situation. i'd be angry and yelling and she'd give her point of view and i'd yell NO! it wasn't so much that i was yelling at her...i was just upset and that's why my voice was raised...
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 11:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i do tell her not talk to me that way but she still does it and she has no cell phone yet
    ladybug36519

Comment by ladybug36519 (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Look if you don't show her that you are incharge then she will run wild and do what she wants. We as mom want to be friends with our daughters but our job is teach them right from wrong and to respect others. Find something that she can't stand to be with out and then use that it will work if not then take every thing out of you home tell her that she can earn it back and one other thing youi get to choise what clothes she gets to wear to school and it doesn't have to match. I know it sounds harsh but it works.
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 12:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010