Does your ChILd's perSONalIty,---DRivE ,YOU--cRAzy?--For moms of strong WILLED chilDREN

tHE waY my DAUghter talks TO me,is ANnoying! It's alwAYS in A angRY TONE of voiCE.sHE SEEMS to be mad ABOUT someTHING AND keeps HOLDIng on to THE grudge.She'll talk decent SOMETIMES But waTCH OUT wheN SHE's maD,all hell break's loose.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 6:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• It sounds like you need to make it clear that your WILL is in charge. She wants to throw a fit about her toys, make it clear that toys are a privlage, and if she wants to be selfish, load them up and take them to charity. Talking back should not be accepted, period. Teach her to bring issues to you, to calmly talk to you. If she uses an annoying tone of voice when speaking to you, simply say, "your being disrespectful, please go to your room and take a few moments to calm down, when your ready to use an appropreat talking voice, then come back."
    my strong willed child is only 3...but ...cont.....
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• She's not always mad and when she's not mad she's whinny,bossy,domineering and that's annoying too.I have to talk with her,the momment she's mad because,if not a huge fight will come out of it.Usually ,after talking she'll feel better but she still has a problem letting go of the pain and keeps remembering it.I 'd say sulking is another trait she posseses.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 6:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• how old is she
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I might be able to help, but I have a headache from trying to read all the crazy type. That is pretty annoying. Traditionally the first letter of a sentence is capitalized as well as the proper nouns. Just in case you missed that in grammar school.
    Anonymous

• 61/2,going on 17! I'm parenting a teenager that's how bad it is.She's a good kid and she can be nice,as long as she's happy,occupied,stimulated it seems.It's really wearing me out,her annoying voice and the tone of it.It makes me feel like I can never satisfy her and that's where the stress is coming from.We've done everything for her and now I think part of her problem is ,she's a spoiled brat.We gave her nice toys,when we had some money,now were broke.She's mad that we can't buy her toys or go places.It seems she thinks we are punishing her for not buying her stuff,she doesn't understand.She has good reason to be acting mad,she wants things,another sibling and that's not going to happen.I think, it's time for her to learn the dissapointments of life,she's starting to learn and that's stressful on me too.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 6:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Other annoying behavior is,flying off the handle,when she's wrong,getting outright defensive,accompainning with a hurt voice and madness.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 6:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• take parenting classes to help deal w her- shes a teen hopefully it will change for u
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• No, But TyPiNg LiKe ThIs DoEs....
    Anonymous

• I have an emotionally passionate 4 yr old. In the begining, we spoiled him,a nd breaking that "entitlement" issue is hard to do. We had to turn everything in our home life around to gain control. We do spank, in a very controlled manner. We spank for direct disrespect, dishonesty and disobediance. Whining or tempertantrums get them sent to their room, we don't have toys in there rooms, just books and their beds, so they can lay down and rest or read. this gives them a moment to calm down and compose themselves. Our 4 yr old has gotten to the point were he will stop himself and take a deep breath to calm himself down. He would rather play with everyone them sit in his room and wait for me to come and talk to him.
    You just need to find your ground, and stand on it. In the end, its for her own good.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• We don't ever hit our children. We believe that we can't advocate non-violence and conflict resolution while hitting for bad behavior. We treat others the way we want them to treat us. My husband and I try to listen to our kids when we can clearly see there is a problem. Home is a retreat from the cruelties of life. it is the one place in the world the kids can always come to find safety and love, compassion and understanding and above all acceptance. Girls go through this. Our girls are 3 and 13, our boys are 9, 15, 16, and 17. next time she is out of control put ur arms around her, tell her u love her and u will help her get through this. All of us women were at this stage once in our lives, try to remember u at that age.
    mom0f6

Answer by mom0f6 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2008