If McCain got his way and our health benefits will be taxed. Then what will happen to our flex spending accounts?

I use a flex spending account and I LOVE it. Basically I am saving 27% every single time I pay a co-pay or even buy a bottle of Tylenol.

For a girl that spends about $2000 a year on out of pocket medical expenses, this ads up to be quite the savings.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 6:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Here is the best info I have found about McCain's healthcare plan. I don't know what flex spending is. (i am under government healthcare, my hubby is active duty). So I hope this website can help you find some explanations.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/803/
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/unions_mislead_on_health_care.html

FactCheck is a great site that offers objective and ACCURATE information on the candidates and their proposals.

The claims made by the Obama-Biden camp are grossly exaggerated, as this article illustrates.

And BTW, the people who would be taxed more for their health care would be the wealthiest citizens--not the low-income earners as again, the Obama-Biden camp is suggesting.
    Anonymous

• anon 7:06 so in his plan low income earners woun't be taxed?
    Anonymous

• Oooh I definetly want to know the answer to this question, send that to CNN or ABC or CBS or somewhere and have them ask both candidates that question. Great question.

SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Anonymous 4:06, that article says NOTHING about Obama and Biden, it's about the unions and McCain's health care.
    either read more carefully or stop lying.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• autodidact...if you're going to tell someone to read more carefully, you might want to take some of your own advice FIRST. That article it clearly outlines McCain's plan and those who will be taxed. Directly quoting (which you obviously didn't see because you didn't bother to read it):

"Basing calculations on the plan McCain has actually put forth, his tax credit more than covers the taxes a family like Lowe's would pay, even in 2018."
    Anonymous

• (Second)

The person the article and ad refers to--Nicole Lowe--is the liar, not me, dear. She claims that under McCain's plan, she's going to be taxed more and that his plan won't cover her insurance. Not true.

That claim and the claims made by the Obama-Biden camp (such as low-income families will have their benefits taxed...failing, of course--to mention that even with taxation, they'll STILL come out far ahead), are based on a study by the Center for American Progress Action fund, which is a liberal organization. Guess which camp has donated money to them? Wasn't McCain.
    Anonymous

• propaganda! Will you believe anything the mainstream says?

julianjordan

Answer by julianjordan at 3:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2008