Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Advice about unfit parenting?

So I have an 8 month old daughter. I was with her father for about 10 months and we broke up right after she was born.While we was together and I was pregnant he broke my hand one night when he was drunk through a $400 cell phone out the second story window. Punk my ignition to where he jammed the whole steering column up. Then in March 2010 he called me one night threatening to kill me and my daughter so I called the cops after this went on for about 2 hrs. He even told the cop he would kill me. So i went to court and everything and got a protection order that is good till April 2011. But now he is threatening to take her away from me. I have not had any help from him whatsoever with child support or anything. He smokes weed drinks constantly, obviously he is abusive he has 2 bench warrants out and just got out of jail in may for a warrant. His family are all felons that he lives with. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Answer Question

Asked by deliamomma09 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 5 (82 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • he wont get custody so dont worry about that.

    Answer by jennifer588 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • i wouldnt worry about it. if all that is true about him there is no way he is going to get custody and he is just talking out of his ass.

    Answer by erinwhitt at 12:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

  • Move away for a while not literally out of the city but to where he cant find u, n keep away from his fam, sorry that is something scary to have to deal with.

    Answer by gabby06 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

  • run the fuck away? i am kind of kidding but yea all the best to you. if you took him to court did u get full custody? i would make sure ur custody is full and then keep a record of his crazy crap so you can use it against him in court. and stay away from him and anywhere he may be... I would move if i were in your position

    Answer by MoMoFu at 12:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

  • you need to get away from him. get away. get where he doesnt knwo you are. you really need to. i would move also. i would move across the US if I had to.

    Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

  • With his history, I don't think he's going to have a chance. Just keep that restraining order going, that's reason enough to send him back to jail.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:16 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

  • He's not likely to get custody... but YOU need to get out of that town. And lawyer up to get his rights severed.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

  • There is no way the state will grant him custody. Change your number and move away if you have to so that he can't get a hold of him. Otherwise ignore his calls and don't give him the satisfaction of being scared... Good luck!

    Answer by Doreen633 at 5:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

  • you have proof . i don't think any Judge in their right mind would give custody to him. ask to have his rights terminated and get out of there for both your sakes.

    Answer by sherryb1273 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

  • You never know what courts will do. You need to file for custody and child support right away. The judge can think you don't care enough to file for custody and that you aren't responsible enough to get the child support your child deserves. When they try to find the father for support if he has warrents out for his arrest then he may be arrested. If he comes to court for hearings about custody, visitation, or support and there is a warrent out for his arrrest then he would be arrested. It would be hard to get custody if you are being arrested.

    Many states automatically award joint custody (decision making). You have to prove domestic violence or other reasons there shouldn't be joint custody, so keep records.


    Answer by Gailll at 8:57 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.