I want to stop smoking again.

How??? Last time I just put them down but I can't seem to do it now. Any help?

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• Well, when I tried to quit using some sort of vice, it never worked.... I had to just quit cold-turkey and now its been 13 months..... GL to you!!!
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 12:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Maybe go to a hypnotist???? Can't hurt, right??? It all depends on how bad you want it, maybe your not ready
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Sometimes churches have stop-smoking classes. Look for a Seventh Day Adventist church in the phone book. They sometimes have them. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:23 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I quit with my first pregnancy and started again after weaning. Then quit again with my second pregnancy (it was easy because I was so nausiated) and I never started again. I am 2 years smoke free after smoking for 14 years. The crazy thing is that I don't want to smoke anymore and I no one expected this because I am not a strong willed person. I always thought that not smoking will be a daily lifelong struggle. And it's not.
    There are two things that work on me: my fear of cancer (any cancer) and the breathing problems and heart palpitation problems that I used to have while a smoker. Now they are gone, and I don't want them back because they caused constant panic attacks.
    Also there is another catch. I discovered why I really liked cigarettes. Because I thought that they calm me down. In fact there is nothing in cigarettes that calm you down, nicotine is a stimulator and the other additives are not calming either. (contd)
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 12:26 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• So what is it in cigarettes that calm you down? The answer is: the deep breaths that you are taking when inhaling the smoke, because you want to get the most of it. Then I realized and remembered that I always had a shallow breathing while smoking. real fast, never deep, utterly superficial.
    When I weaned my second baby, I was thinking about cigarettes for a while. But instead of lighting one, I started taking deep breaths and blowing the air out slowly, just as in smoking. It made me instantly calm. That was my "duh" moment and ever since then I am not even thinking about smoking anymore.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 12:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Some more help: http://www.naturalnews.com/029484_smoking_IQ.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/026421_breathing_health_breathing_exercises.html

Did you know that 80% of the world population doesn't breath correctly?

if you want to take something to help you with the craving, this stuff worked for my mom and husband and it's dirt cheap, has no nicotine and creates no dependancy; http://www.vitacost.com/NatraBio-Smoking-Withdrawl-Non-Habit-Forming

That's all I have for now. PM me if you need custom support.

glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 12:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• What really seemed to help me when I quit - more than 15 years ago - was taking vitamins (a good multi, extra C and extra B complex), having a quitting buddy (my husband and I quit at the same time, I didn't want to be the first to fall off the wagon -- so far neither of us have had a single drag since we quit), and using my tendency to procrastinate: When I felt like I wanted to smoke, I just put it off ... and put it off... and put it off. I craved cigs for ...about 2 years. Not constantly, but here and there; especially after a meal or when I was on the phone. I sipped water instead. Not satisfying, but it kept my hands and mouth busy without adding calories. Hope this helps. It will get easier...after it gets harder. :-D
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2010