I Survived adult content

So I just started watching this series on a channel that we actually get. It used to be on one we didn't subscribe to so I guess I am a bit behind in the seasons so bear with me.

I have a VERY strong stomach and have heard and seen some pretty disturbing stuff in my job. But HOLY SHIT! This show...some of the stories are almost too much! The poor girl that was attacked by the guy who picked her up hitchhiking back in the 70s and he cut her arms off??? ACK!!!??!!!!

I think that's the one that's bugged me the most so far....I am hoping there are none worse than that OMG.... I enjoy the strength of the human spirit but these stories..where they say they wanted to die and were begging for God to take them as they couldn't take anymore..... It hurts the soul :( Anyone else feel this way?

And yes, I realize I shouldn't watch it if it bugs me like that so you really don't need to point that out to me thanks.

Allergic2Stupid

Asked by Allergic2Stupid at 12:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• Yes, I like this show. It's very interesting to me to hear the way people react during traumatic events. A person's will to survive can be very strong indeed.
    Niki, I also enjoy "I Shouldn't Be Alive". My favorite story was the one with the couple who got lost in the Amazonian rain forest for a month. That was incredible.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I watch the the show my self I think it makes me more aware of stuff from that show it does bug me but it does make you think about stuff at least thats how I feel.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It really makes you realize the scary scary scary things that can go on in our lives in the blink of an eye that is for sure.
    Allergic2Stupid

Comment by Allergic2Stupid (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Oh yeah, i saw one episode about a woman and her friend got dragged into the woods when they were teenagers. He raped and killed her friend and tried to kill her. He slit her throat and she survived. Oooohhhhh i don't even want to think about it. She was trying to talk but the noise was coming out of her throat instead of her mouth...ugh. Poor woman.
    LovelyMother88

Answer by LovelyMother88 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I like the show "I Shouldn't Be Alive" .... that one people survive crazy weather, animal attacks, being lost at sea.... It actualy inspires me and makes me realize how strong your will to live can be.

I don't like "I Survived"... those things get in my head and make me paranoid. I read a news article once where a girl was kidnapped and was tied so that her mouth was covered and chest/thighs were tied together and raped in that position. I think about it and can't breathe.... I would be so clausterphobic. She is lucky to not have suffocated
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

---------------------
    I recall that one and she wanted to die but didn't want him to do it to anyone else or something like that? Talk about a sense of civic duty. The human spirit endures but you have to wonder what life is like for victims of these kinds of things eh? I'd likely go crackers and hunt the guy down and kill him myself....
    Allergic2Stupid

Comment by Allergic2Stupid (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• wow !! that is scary but it makes you think to
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 7:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010